1. While she was trying to read, her friend was practising the piano.
2. He has been buying several jerseys in the last two years.
3. She will bone the meat later.
4. By the time you get there they have already left.
5. I was drowning. Nobody save me.
6. He said she has not returned the book yet.
7. What are you darning at the moment?
8. She thinks her husband will buy a new fridge.
9. How much have you spent in London so far?
10. In a month’s time I shall learn more words than ever.
11. After he had seen the giraffe he spoke to the keeper.
12. He had bought weed-killer when they arrested him.
13. The plumbing has always given trouble during the summer.
14. The trout had risen when they reached the lake.
15. Do you recognize this statue?
16. They say they will not perform tomorrow.
17. What have you did since your last recital.
18. As it was raining he put up his umbrella.
19. They hear Beethoven better conducted earlier in the year.
20. What is going on here?
21. I only have just realised what she meant.
22. I shall never plant crocuses again.
23. Had you enjoyed yourself when I saw you at the party?
24. I wiil be to the zoo and go while there are still talking about visiting it.
25. She docked at Tilbury last week.
26. He always accelerates too quickly.
27. Are you hearing that awful noise?
28. By the time the brigade arrived, the house has collapsed.
29. I saw a new type of windscreen wiper while I was walking round the exhibition yesterday.
30. They have been waiting to take off since ten this morning.
31. She shot at least three tigers in India last year.
32. We saw what we see.
33. He heard an owl hooting as he was walking through the wood.
34. They have produced a hundred shirts every day for two months now.
35. Where had you gone when I bumped into you?
36. Who was telling the grasshopper to dance? The ant in the fable do.
37. They wore high heels every day last term.
38. What are you doing with a gun in your car?
39. He has not still found his watch.
40. I had lived there several years before I found the nest.
41. When does it sting him?
42. She likes cockles. Naturally she prefers lobster.
43. Dragon-flies have very beautiful wings.
44. Time and tide don’t wait for no man, the saying run.
45. I shall buy some new pruners the other day.
46. The girl in the pay box seldom smiles nowadays.
47. The moment he is opening the boot the spare wheel feel out.
48. Too many cooks spoil the broth.
49. He left Italy by plane yesterday.